We have already seen how to link your Aadhaar number to your Mutual fund investments.
If you have not linked Aadhaar number to MF investments yet, you can go through this post and update your Aadhaar number in your MF investments within a few minutes.
However, there is one problem.
The linking does not happen instantly. You share your details with RTAs (CAMS, Karvy etc). Subsequently, your details are fetched from Aadhaar database and compared with information as provided in the mutual fund folios. If the details match, you get an e-mail for confirmation. If the details don’t match, you get the e-mail for rejection.
In my case, I got linking confirmation from CAMS and Karvy after a couple of months. And it is not difficult to skip such e-mails among the maze of e-mails that you get.
Here is a snapshot of confirmation I got from CAMS.
Another problem is that you keep getting e-mail and SMS requests from AMCs about linking Aadhaar details irrespective of whether your Aadhaar is linked to the respective MF folios or not.
If you combine delays in linking confirmation with constant reminders from AMCs, it does not inspire much confidence. You can’t be sure if the linking has happened or not.
There has to be a simple way to check if your linking request worked or not. One way is that you go to respective AMCs websites (or call or e-mail AMC) and check your linking status (if the AMC sites show such status). However, there is a much simpler way.
Is there a way to check your Mutual Fund Aadhaar linking status?
Fortunately, there is.
You can check mutual fund Aadhaar linking status on RTA websites.
For the list of AMCs that are serviced by CAMS and Karvy, you can go through this post.
CAMS Website (To checking Aadhaar linking status with ICICI Prudential, HDFC, SBI, Aditya Birla Sun Life, DSP Blackrock etc)
- Go to the following link https://adl.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_AadhaarMain.aspx
- Click on Aadhaar Linking Status-Individual
- You need to enter your PAN and click on Submit.
- If your Aadhaar is linked to your PAN (and corresponding folios), you will get the message “Aadhaar available for given PAN”
- If Aadhaar linking is not done, you will get the message “Aadhaar to be provided for the given PAN”
Karvy Website (To check Aadhaar linking Status with Axis, Reliance, Quantum etc)
- Go to the following link: https://vas.karvymfs.com/karvysplproducts/AadhaarlinkingStatus.aspx
- Click on “Individuals-Click Here”
- You need to enter your PAN and press submit.
- You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number (registered for MF investments)
- If the Aadhaar seeding/linking has been done, you will get the message: “Aadhaar Seeding Successful
- If Aadhaar seeding/linking has not been done, you will get the message: “Aadhaar not registered.
For Franklin Templeton and Sundaram, I could not figure any link on the website the check Aadhaar linking status. You can call up or e-mail these AMCs to verify your Aadhaar linking status.