Now, you need to link your Aadhaar Card to your Mutual fund investments.
Surely, there are multiple ways of doing this. You can submit physical forms along with your Aadhaar proof at Registrar & Transfer Agent offices (CAMS, Karvy etc). You can also submit forms at AMC offices or websites.
The good part about updating linking Aadhaar on RTA websites is that you can update for all the AMCs serviced by those RTAs at the same time. For instance, CAMS provides service to 15 AMCs. By updating Aadhaar on CAMS website, your information should get updated with all the 15 AMCs (serviced by CAMS). No need to update with each AMC.
Similarly, Karvy provides service to 16 AMCs. Franklin Templeton and Sundaram have own RTAs.
In this post, I will look at how you can link your Aadhaar Card to mutual fund investments online.
How to Link Aadhaar Number to Mutual Fund Investments online?
Here are quick links to all the four RTAs. You can simply go there and link Aadhaar to you MF investments.
In this post, I will show the process to link Aadhaar to mutual fund folios online for CAMS website. You can follow the same process on RTA websites too.
How to link Aadhaar to Mutual Fund investments on CAMS website?
You can update your Aadhaar number with Mutual Funds serviced by CAMS online. CAMS is Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA) for about 15 AMCs.
List of AMCs serviced by CAMS
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
- DSP Blackrock MF
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- HSBC Mutual Fund
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- IDFC Mutual Fund
- IIFL Mutual Fund
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- L&T Mutual Fund
- Mahindra Mutual Fund
- PPFAS Mutual Fund
- SBI Mutual Fund
- Shriram Mutual Fund
- TATA Mutual Fund
- Union Mutual Fund
Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the CAMS website. Click on Investor Services in the top panel.
- Click on Link your Aadhaar in the left panel. Or you can directly go to this link (https://www.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_Aadhar.aspx)
- Enter your PAN, e-mail and Aadhaar number. CAMS will automatically fetch the list of AMCs you have investments with. Select “All Funds”. Click on Submit.
- CAMS will link to UIDAI database and you will get an OTP (One-Time Password) on mobile number linked to your Aadhaar number.
- Enter OTP and press Submit. You are done.
- If everything has gone well, you will get a confirmation message from CAMS on the screen.
- You may also get an e-mail from UIDAI that CAMS has accessed your information from Aadhaar database.
You can face a few issues. Something or the other may go wrong. It took me 4-5 attempts to finally update. Have patience.
You are not yet done. There are other RTAs too
I have listed down the process to be followed on CAMS website. However, please understand, if you follow this process, your Aadhaar number will be linked only to your investments with those AMCs that are serviced by CAMS.
For your investments with AMCs that are serviced by Karvy, please go to this link and follow instructions. Many popular AMCs such as Axis, UTI, Mirae etc are serviced by Karvy.
List of AMCs serviced by Karvy
- Axis Mutual Fund
- Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
- BOI AXA Mutual Fund
- DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
- IDBI Mutual Fund
- India Bulls Mutual Fund
- INVESCO Mutual Fund
- JM Financial Mutual Fund
- LIC Mutual Fund
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
- Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Peerless Mutual Fund
- Principal Mutual Fund
- Quantum Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund
- Taurus Mutual Fund
Apart from CAMS and Karvy, there are two other RTAs too. Franklin (services Franklin funds) and Sundaram (services BNP Paribas and Sundaram Funds. You can update Aadhaar information for these RTAs here (Franklin Templeton Aadhaar link, Sundaram).
You can also expect this facility to be available on respective mutual fund (AMC) websites too soon. However, if you want to update on respective websites, you will have to perhaps do it with all the AMCs you have invested with. Updating on CAMS and Karvy websites is much easier.
Latest posts by Deepesh Raghaw (see all)
- How to check online where and when your Aadhaar has been used for Authentication? - December 14, 2017
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY): Features, Benefits, Tax Treatment and Review - December 12, 2017
- Maturing Pension plans and purchasing new ULIPs - December 7, 2017
- What are the problems in NPS? Why investors stay away? - December 6, 2017