Now, you need to link your Aadhaar Card to your Mutual fund investments.
Surely, there are multiple ways of doing this. You can submit physical forms along with your Aadhaar proof at Registrar & Transfer Agent offices (CAMS, Karvy etc). You can also submit forms at AMC offices. If such forms are not already available, then these forms will be made available in a few weeks.
In this post, I will look at how you can link your Aadhaar Card to mutual fund investments online.
How to Link Aadhaar Number to Mutual Fund Investments online?
You can update your Aadhaar number with Mutual Funds serviced by CAMS online. CAMS is Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA) for about 15 AMCs.
List of AMCs serviced by CAMS
- Aditya Birla Sun life Mutual Fund
- DSP Blackrock MF
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- HSBC Mutual Fund
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- IDFC Mutual Fund
- IIFL Mutual Fund
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- L&T Mutual Fund
- Mahindra Mutual Fund
- PPFAS Mutual Fund
- SBI Mutual Fund
- Shriram Mutual Fund
- TATA Mutual Fund
- Union Mutual Fund
Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the CAMS website. Click on Investor Services in the top panel.
- Click on Link your Aadhaar in the left panel. Or you can directly go to this link (https://www.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_Aadhar.aspx)
- Enter your PAN, e-mail and Aadhaar number. CAMS will automatically fetch the list of AMCs you have investments with. Select “All Funds”. Click on Submit.
- CAMS will link to UIDAI database and you will get an OTP (One-Time Password) on mobile number linked to your Aadhaar number.
- Enter OTP and press Submit. You are done.
- If everything has gone well, you will get a confirmation message from CAMS on the screen.
- You may also get an e-mail from UIDAI that CAMS has accessed your information from Aadhaar database.
You can face a few issues. Something or the other may go wrong. It took me 4-5 attempts to finally update. Have patience.
You are not yet done
I have listed down the process to be followed on CAMS website. However, please understand, if you follow this process, your Aadhaar number will be linked only to your investments with those AMCs that are serviced by CAMS.
For your investments with AMCs that are serviced by Karvy, please go to this link and follow instructions. Many popular AMCs such as Axis, UTI, Mirae etc are serviced by Karvy.
List of AMCs serviced by Karvy
- Axis Mutual Fund
- Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
- BOI AXA Mutual Fund
- DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
- IDBI Mutual Fund
- India Bulls Mutual Fund
- INVESCO Mutual Fund
- JM Financial Mutual Fund
- LIC Mutual Fund
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
- Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Peerless Mutual Fund
- Principal Mutual Fund
- Quantum Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund
- Taurus Mutual Fund
You can also expect this facility to be available on respective mutual fund (AMC) websites too soon. However, if you want to update on respective websites, you will have to perhaps do it with all the AMCs you have invested with. Updating on CAMS and Karvy websites is much easier.
Latest posts by Deepesh Raghaw (see all)
- How to Update Information in your Aadhaar Card? - October 18, 2017
- Categorization of Mutual Fund Schemes by SEBI - October 17, 2017
- What to do if you have two NPS accounts? How to close the second NPS account? - October 6, 2017
- Primer: Income Tax Calculations for Beginners - October 6, 2017