IRDA, the insurance regulator, has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar card to insurance policies. Though I am not a big fan of traditional life insurance plans, I still happen to hold one such plan from LIC. Therefore, I need to link my Aadhaar to my LIC policy.
What about you? Have you purchased any LIC policy?
How do you plan to link Aadhaar card to your LIC policy?
Fortunately, LIC has activated an online link to update your Aadhaar card in LIC policies you hold. So, you don’t have to visit an LIC branch to get this done.
Additionally, in the same link, you can also update your PAN with the policy. By the way, updating PAN in your policy is also mandatory as per Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2017. However, since many of us would have already provided PAN at the time of purchase, it is not that big an issue.
Here is how you can link your PAN and Aadhaar card to your LIC policy online.
How to link Aadhaar with LIC policy online?
You can view the detailed instructions at this link on LIC website. (https://www.licindia.in/Home/Link_Aadhaar_and_PAN_to_Policy)
In fact, through this link, you can also link PAN with your LIC policy.
Before you begin, you are advised to keep your Aadhaar, PAN and policy numbers handy.
- Go to the following link on LIC website. (https://kyclink.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/)
- Enter your Aadhaar, PAN, mobile number of policy details. If you have multiple policies, you can add all the policies at the same time.
- You will be taken to a page where LIC will ask you to enter an OTP.
- The OTP is sent by LIC (and not by UIDAI).
- Once you press “Submit” button after entering, you will get the following message.
- Please understand LIC will verify the details with UIDAI before updating its records. You should get a confirmation message in a few weeks.
In case, your mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar, you have to go to LIC branch to get the linkage done. Alternatively, you can first get the mobile number updated in Aadhaar.
This process is only for LIC policies. Do note linking of Aadhaar to insurance policies is mandatory for all insurance products (and not just those from LIC). If you have purchased insurance plans from other insurers, do get in touch with them to link Aadhaar to your policies.